I'm on city water which is treated with chlorine. How can one remove it? I picked up some brochures for reverse osmosis systems yesterday but they state that they "remove the taste & odor". Does that mean ONLY the taste & odor are removed leaving the chemical behind or does it mean the actual chlorine chemical is removed?

Also, one salesman told me if it was just chlorine I was worried about, a simple PUR faucet mount filter would be fine and save me a heap of cash. In looking at the brochure though, it stated more or less the same thing - "removes the taste & odor". I'm not so concerned about the taste & odor. I just want the chemical out.

Insight appreciated.