Our well had lots of Iron bacteria in it after being unused for six years and so in order to clean it up, I shocked the well with 200ppm of Chlorine. BTW, it's a shallow well, 30 feet deep, 30 inches wide, usually 20 feet of water. The problem seems to be the fact that I shocked the well and just left the chlorine sit for two months without pumping it out. When I did finally get my pump installed, the water has had a taste and smell that I can only describe as tasting sort of organic. And no matter how much water I run out of it, it never goes away. What gives?