I have an HOA with a waterfall that is fed by a footvalve from the bottom of the fall that stays stopped up with trash. They have very little money so I can not sell them one of your strainers but can sell them one of your bags. I assume one end of the bag is closed. How does the other end secure around the 1 1/2" pipe? The footvalve is only about 12" long. If one of your bags is not an option in your opinion, what can I purchase locally that will do the job?