I own 1/3 of a well located on my neighbors property. The water is fed to my property and then I have a pump and bladder tank to boost the pressure into the house.


Sometimes the main well at neighbor's goes down and my pump runs without water (can be for hours if no one knows about it.) I'm worried about the motor seizing eventually from this.

I have heard there is something that can be installed as an automatic shut off valve type thing so that pump will not run dry?

What is the name of this if anyone knows what I am referring to?

Thank you.