Hello: I need a pump to move water from a river or creek to the house where we can hook up a garden hose and water our flowers and vegetable gardens. small scale.

The creek is about 75 feet from the house and the river is about 250 feet. The creek does go dry sometimes thus we need a pump that can move water the 250 feet. The highest elevation from the water to the house would probably be about 10 feet max.

Not sure what kind or size of pump we would need for this, what size line for intake and is garden hose option even available. Would it be better to have a pump by the river and line to the house or pump at the house pulling from the lake??

Thanks for your time and I hope I can get some answers and hopefully carry out a purchase. Thanks Sheila