New here gang and new at wells. I have a bad submersible pump. I bought the house about six yrs ago so have no details about how deep the well is. There is a 4" cast iron pipe and collar coming out of ground. Someone told me that if I take off the lid, disconnect a bolt inside, connect to a galvanized 1" connector, I'd be able to just pull out the pipe. The pipe I would be pulling out would be a plastic pipe. Well, I pulled and yanked and nothing moved. Looking underneath the cover plate, I saw the 1" connector was attached to more galvanized pipe. There seems to be a cover about 2 feet into the cast iron pipe. Anyone have a clue whats going on here?

Thanks in advance,